Tuesday, February 2, 2016

UpUp (Endless)

For the first time, my friend is going to join me in reviewing a game because he just so happened to be sitting right next to me as I was playing the game and he was caught as well.

General

Design (4/5 rockets) - Staying true to the simple style, I loved it but I believe there could be more mechanics added to make it more replay-able.

Audio (0/5 sounds) - Was it just me or was there no audio?

Mechanics (3/5 orbs) - The game progressively gets harder with more and faster moving orbs but there isn't much else to it which could get boring after awhile. (Or maybe I just haven't got far enough)

Art (5/5 sparks) - Coherent with the simplistic style all around.

Emoview

Clicks everywhere (1/5 clicks) - After you die you, before you get to refresh you get a popup by NewGrounds and I assume that put there on purpose. The problem I have with it is that the user will have to click on the play button and then the refresh button which are placed quite apart from each other instead of just keeping the cursor in the same place and clicking once.

Smooth art (4/5 particles) -  I really loved the simplistic art style with the beautiful color palette. It was all pretty fitting from birth to death. The only thing I didn't really like was how the engine particles at the back of the space ships weren't really in the correct place when tilted.

Verdict

I didn't have much to say about it because of how simple it was but it was truly one of the best simple yet fun games I've played. I never felt bored starting the game over and over again. Music would have been awesome though!

To infinity and beyond!!! - UpUp

No comments:

Post a Comment